Talk

Advanced search

Singapore tips

(11 Posts)
fikel Sat 06-Jul-19 22:21:06

Thinking of going was wondering if it’s viable staying at Sentosa and coming across to do the sights so having the best of both worlds beach/city holiday?
Thinking of going in August or April

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 07-Jul-19 08:21:15

If I was travelling to Singapore I would stay in the city rather than on Sentosa.

This is a good article re the beaches there:-
www.enroutetraveler.com/guide-the-three-beaches-of-sentosa/

I would say that although the beaches are nice there are better in Asia. You will undoubtedly see a LOT of cargo vessels and tankers in the middle distance from there out at sea waiting to dock. This is also because Singapore is one of Asia's major port cities.

babbi Sun 07-Jul-19 08:26:17

I stayed in the city for 12 days and did the last 2 nights on Sentosa ... I would agree with PP - full holiday on the island would be too much .. and more expensive ..

Enjoy yourself - I loved it 😀

fikel Sun 07-Jul-19 17:11:26

Thank you v much what months did you visit and what do you recommend seeing??

P1zzavvegg11ee Sun 07-Jul-19 19:01:25

Singapore must see Gardens by the bay at day & night

Cat cafe in the Turkish district

Drink a Singapore sling

Chinatown & little Asia districts

P1zzavvegg11ee Sun 07-Jul-19 19:02:40

Swimming pool in hotel Marina Bay Sands with view over city. You don't have to stay in the hotel

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 07-Jul-19 21:22:43

The pp is unfortunately not correct.

Non hotel guests are not allowed in the marina bay sands pool or even on their pool deck. Non hotel guests are allowed onto their observation deck but this has no access to the pool area,

babbi Sun 07-Jul-19 21:48:55

Have dinner at Lavo in Marina Bay Sands ...
Eat breakfast with chimps at Singapore Zoo , do the night safari at the zoo , take the cable car from Mount Faber to Sentosa ,
Gardens by the bay , China Town is a must !
Have dinner or a drink at Clarke Quay ....

So much to do !
Have a fantastic time ( happy to come as a guide for you 🙏🙏🙏please ! )

P1zzavvegg11ee Sun 07-Jul-19 23:23:50

Apologies, I stayed one night in the hotel. It was worth it to use the pool twice

ShanghaiDiva Mon 08-Jul-19 05:49:47

I have been several times - October, July and January - weather is pretty much the same all year round - hot and very humid with frequent rain, but clears up quickly ime.
My favourites
Gardens by the bay
night safari at the zoo
Asian civilisations museum
little india
agree with previous posters - would not stay on Sentosa

fikel Mon 08-Jul-19 14:42:24

Thank you everyone really helpful 🙏❤️

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »