Talk

Advanced search

Universal Studios

(10 Posts)
WelshMoth Sat 22-Jun-19 12:51:23

I'm still planning my Disney World stuff but at least the bulk of it is done.

My next plan of attack is Universal Studios. We move from Disney Caribbean to Portofino for the final 4 days of our holiday.

I have to factor in DD's 11th birthday on the day we move <sheesh - DH didn't think that one through when booking>. I have no idea how to make it special whilst there.

Any other hints and tips gratefully received.

OP’s posts: |
Alyx80 Sat 22-Jun-19 13:00:39

There’s nothing really to plan in Universal and as a result we enjoyed it a lot more than Disney as you can just go with the flow. It’s so easy to navigate and not as busy, I’m sure you’ll have a great time! For your dd, maybe book somewhere nice for dinner or find somewhere to make her a cake? She can get a birthday badge from Universal too.

ShakeYourTailFeathers Tue 25-Jun-19 17:03:46

If your budget stretches to it do the VIP pass. DH and I did it on his birthday and it was awesome. No queues, personal guide, extra behind the scenes and a fabulous lunch.

WelshMoth Tue 25-Jun-19 22:12:16

Ooooohhh any hints at cost for VIP passes?

HermioneWeasley Thu 27-Jun-19 22:12:07

If you google universal express pass you’ll get the latest prices. It might b included with the portofino - worth checking, or checking price of hotel upgrade vs paying for passes

Mythos restaurant is very good and worth booking

Moana123 Fri 28-Jun-19 09:15:58

If you’re staying in Portofino Bay you should have front of the line passes included in your room booking. Your room key card is the pass, so no real queuing except for the new hagrid ride - Enjoy 😉

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 28-Jun-19 09:32:13

They are not front of line passes; guests at Universal hotels receive free Universal Express passes which enables them to use the Universal express lines. I believe park admission tickets are still needed.

ChestyNut Sun 30-Jun-19 10:37:29

Get a birthday badge from guest services.
In IOA visit the mystical fountain, I believe it only operates at certain times I think it’s before the show.
Really made my day....walked over to have a look and it spoke! Saw my birthday badge and broke out into a full fan fare version of happy birthday complete with squirting fountains! Highlight of my day!!
I got free cake and singing waiters in bubba gumps on city walk grin

WelshMoth Tue 13-Aug-19 09:08:50

Thanks! Arrived last night so I am reading to top up on last minute tips.

WDW first - Epcot is our first park.

HermioneWeasley Tue 13-Aug-19 20:06:58

Check out Disney food blog for meal and snack recommendations in each park

Epcot has the best food

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in