Talk

Advanced search

Disney anxiety?!

(12 Posts)
givemeabigfatcakeanyday Mon 17-Jun-19 12:07:52

I know this is going to sound ridiculous but I would love to take dc to Disney in Florida but I have a big fear of alligators!! ☹️ Can anyone put my mind at rest please?!

OP’s posts: |
Punxsutawney Mon 17-Jun-19 17:26:06

You will be safe from alligators at Disney. In Florida you need to not swim in the lakes, swamps etc and you are highly unlikely to come across an alligator. There was a incident with a little boy at a Disney hotel a few years ago but he had entered the water that was prohibited from swimming in. The only alligators in the Disney parks will be fluffy ones!

PoptartPoptart Mon 17-Jun-19 21:56:58

As long as you don’t go to Gatorland (theme park with alligators!) then you will be fine!

BritWifeinUSA Tue 18-Jun-19 04:11:35

You’re more likely to be hurt or killed on the roads than by an alligator.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Tue 18-Jun-19 04:16:40

I was desperate to see an alligator, but have never yet managed it. Apparently they are common at Celebration, but our forays into the area proved gatorless.

WickedGoodDoge Tue 18-Jun-19 19:17:41

You’ll be fine! Just stay out of the lakes <which are now roped off anyway and have signs> . We did see an alligator once at Animal Kingdom but we were way up on a bridge and a member of staff was dealing with it.

ValleyoftheHorses Tue 18-Jun-19 19:19:35

Don’t swim, paddle in or go near open freshwater lakes and you should be fine.
We go fairly often and I worry more about snakes!

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Tue 18-Jun-19 19:20:25

We saw a small alligator in the lake as we left Magic Kingdom last year. It was just minding its own business mooching about in the water near where you get off the ferry. The Brits were all amazed and the Americans were all laughing at us. grin

ballsdeep Tue 18-Jun-19 19:20:24

Don't stand by the lake in Disney in the grand floridian. There were alligators there a few years ago and killed a child. Just make sure you stay away from open water. In most open water in florida there are alligators

Ciwirocks Tue 18-Jun-19 19:23:15

We have just come back from Florida and stayed in Disney, didn’t see an alligator at all and we stayed at a resort on the river.

Mrsjayy Tue 18-Jun-19 19:24:05

Stay in a hotel on idrive it is far enough away from disney you are more than likely to see a racoon than aligator.

HermioneWeasley Tue 18-Jun-19 19:34:04

Stay away from fresh water and you’ll be fine. We’ve been a few times and never seen more than a snout

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in