Talk

Advanced search

hotels in palm springs and san diego

(6 Posts)
ginforall Sun 16-Jun-19 16:48:07

Hi everyone, we're going to California in October and wondered if anyone had any good hotel recommendations for Palm Springs and San Diego? They'll be four of us (DC are 6 and 11). Ideally would like a pool in Palm Springs, would be great to have breakfast included and the bigger the room/suite the better. There is so much choice and having not been to either place before thought I'd ask for some recommendations. Looking at mid range in terms of budget.

OP’s posts: |
AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 16-Jun-19 18:09:12

The Embassy suites in San Diego's downtown area is nice and they have a (indoor) pool. They also include breakfast as part of the room rate.

I would also suggest one of the Embassy Suites hotels in Palm Desert or La Quinta, both have pools.

FreeFreesia Sat 22-Jun-19 22:39:27

This spot in San Diego is out of the city centre & brilliant for a family. Has a private beach & pool. You can walk to a park, a small old-style fair and the main beach. I got a great price on booking.com (impressed my US friends!) & they upgraded us on arrival which I think was due to the fact we were staying a whole week.
www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g60750-d83361-Reviews-Bahia_Resort_Hotel-San_Diego_California.html

ginforall Mon 24-Jun-19 14:20:22

Thanks both, Embassy Suites is sold out for San Diego for the dates we are there. Will check out the one you have mentioned FreeFreesia

OP’s posts: |
twingygirl Tue 25-Jun-19 08:20:16

Also look into Paradise Point in Mission Bay. Old fashioned resort, great for kids. Usually not as expensive as Bahia.

ContinuityError Sat 29-Jun-19 15:28:58

The Marriott Desert Springs Villas just down the road in Palm Desert were really good when we stayed a few years ago - we had a two bed apartment and it was huge.

Have you looked at the Hilton Bayside in San Diego?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in