Talk

Advanced search

Disney / Universal - when to go

(5 Posts)
afrikat Wed 29-May-19 14:09:42

We have the chance to go to Orlando next year. We have two options - last two weeks in August (when US schools have gone back, so crowds slightly lower but HOT) or over Christmas and New Year (crowds likely to be bad, but weather will be cool).

What would you choose? (There are no other options 😊)

OP’s posts: |
Bokky Wed 29-May-19 14:15:40

We usually go August and have booked for the last 2 weeks again. It's hot but popping in and out of the air conditioned shops helps! You will get Halloween at this time.

Christmas is one of the busiest times but the atmosphere is amazing. Parks are rammed so it depends on what you're looking for from the hol. If you book now to stay on Disney property, you can get the free dining plan for August.

zucchinicourgette Wed 29-May-19 14:18:26

Some US schools (including Florida) will have gone back by the last 2 weeks in August but many won’t. I think the parks will be very busy at both times so I would go with winter - at least you will be queuing in lovely weather.

CrisisCrunchie Fri 09-Aug-19 17:51:39

I’ve never been in August (couldn’t handle the heat) but we have spent Christmas there & wouldn’t hesitate to go at that time again.

The parks are amazing with all the Christmas bling, the weather isn’t too hot.. the crowds after about the 19th can be a challenge but you can work round them (get up early, use fastpass etc)

HermioneWeasley Fri 09-Aug-19 21:11:49

I haven’t been in August as can’t bear the thought of the heat. I have been over Xmas and the crowds were horrendous, you couldn’t move around the parks by lunch

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in