Talk

Advanced search

Tokyo?

(4 Posts)
Namechange12u Tue 30-Apr-19 19:24:58

Hi all next month I am going to Tokyo for 11 nights. Does anyone have any advice as to what to do while we are there?

OP’s posts: |
BubblesBuddy Tue 30-Apr-19 20:52:51

My suggestion is to get the Lonely Planet Guide or the DK Eye Witness Guide. There is so much to see and do plus high speed train brings other areas into your orbit such as Kyoto and Matsumoto as well as Hase and Kamakura.

Just some of the places we visited were: Ueno Park with pagoda and shrines and temples, The Tokyo National Museum (a sort of Asian V&A), Yanaka District, Senso Ji Temple and shopping streets nearby, Shinjuko East and West, Harajuko, Shibuya and the Meiji Shrine with its tea house garden. I can recommend the Arakawa Tram Line. Ginza for the lights at night and the shops including the food halls in the basement of the department stores. Great little restaurants on the top floors too!

Have fun!

BubblesBuddy Tue 30-Apr-19 20:54:27

Just to be clear: Hase and Kamakura are local lines: the Enoden line is brilliant.

Swiftier Mon 06-May-19 08:50:13

Definitely check out the Team Lab digital art exhibitions! One of the highlights of my trip to Japan.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in