Talk

Advanced search

hong kong

(5 Posts)
nicm Sun 15-Jul-07 00:51:02

hi was wondering if anyone can recommend a hotel in hong kong/kowloon, about £50-£60 a night? would like it to be near an mtr station and possibly have a swimming pool, going in mid september for 9 nights.

have been searching but can't find anything!! maybe i'm being too fussy lol!!

also if you have recommendations for things to do please let me know. tia xx

mogwai Wed 18-Jul-07 12:19:34

Right-ho

I know exactly what you need, though it might be slightly more expensive.

We went to HKK in January and couldn't believe the price of hotels. We have a daughter who was 18 months old so needed a separate sitting room for after she'd gone to bed.

We stayed at The Salisbury which is very close to the star ferry terminal at Kowloon. It's also the YMCA of Hong Kong but don't be put off by that. There's a restaurant place downstairs (basic but ok - it does a buffet) and a coffee shop on the ground floor, and a pool in the complex. It's absolutley great and the rooms are exactly like a regular hotel with all the amenities you'd expect.

You can walk outside to the ferry or round to a mtr station.

Have a look at the website "trip advisor" and search for reviews about the place - you won't be disappointed

mogwai Wed 18-Jul-07 12:20:57

Things to do - we only had two nights as were en route down under so we stuck to the Victoria Peak, HKK island etc.

Sure there's lots more to do further afield

nicm Thu 19-Jul-07 23:44:27

thank you, this was one of the places i had short listed but dp was put off by the whole ymca thing! it's not him sitting trying to get somewhere booked though lol! can't wait.

papaya Wed 08-Aug-07 20:03:48

hi there, me and DH went to HK last DEC (to disneyland we took DD 2yo at the time) we were near an mtr station and we stayed at the GRand Stanford, think it was 60 pound ish has a pool and health suite on the top floor. The pool is outdoor too it was beautiful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now