Talk

Advanced search

HELP - 8 hour layover in Houston

(6 Posts)
dinkystinky Wed 03-Apr-19 16:16:09

We have an 8 hour layover in Houston later this month - with 3 kids who are going to go stir crazy if stuck in an airport that long. Any ideas on things we could try and do????

OP’s posts: |
scrappydappydoo Wed 03-Apr-19 16:27:29

Could you find an airport hotel with a pool - you might be able to buy a day pass or even have a day room so you can chill by the pool while kids burn energy?

dinkystinky Wed 03-Apr-19 16:31:02

Ooh - great idea! Thank you

OP’s posts: |
chemenger Wed 03-Apr-19 21:06:33

A word of warning, there are two airports in Houston - Bush International and Hobby, make sure you don't book a hotel at the wrong one! They are a long way apart.

CMOTDibbler Wed 03-Apr-19 21:16:13

Last time I flew through Houston, it took me over 2 hours to go through immigration and customs!

There's a Marriott hotel right in the terminal complex and it does have an outdoor pool. I'm not sure if you can book day rate rooms (or what time you'd get there), but a room so you can use the pool, shower, lay down and nap might be well worth it

BritWifeinUSA Sat 06-Apr-19 01:52:33

8 hours is not that long really. You’ll have to clear customs and immigration, assuming this is your entry point into the country. This can take hours. I live in the USA and have a green card and DH is American and it still takes us over an hour and it’s even longer for visitors. If you leave the airport, you’ll have to go back through TSA when you come back - allow at least an hour for that at Bush. Certainly not enough time to go sightseeing.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in