Talk

Advanced search

Would you do it with a 4 month old baby?

(5 Posts)
FlumpyMummy Mon 01-Apr-19 12:30:17

The time difference would be 6 hours behind. We are getting into swing of things with DS waking up now once in the night.

Part of me thinks - you only live once but all the hard work will be undone!

Not worried about flight but baby having jet lag both there and back.

Would you do it? If you have done it, how was it?

TIA

OP’s posts: |
HennyPennyHorror Mon 01-Apr-19 12:32:32

I did it when DD1 was 3 months. We went to Australia from England. She was fine. It was me who took a long time to sort my sleep out!

Cherylshaw Mon 01-Apr-19 12:34:26

At 4 months i would, will probably sleep the majority of the flight but older than 6 months personally i wouldn't

HennyPennyHorror Mon 01-Apr-19 12:46:45

Also...your current routine will be changed by the baby at some point anyway. That's what they do. They make you think you've cracked it, then decide that their new wakeup time is 3.00am or something.

Don't worry about it.

Pythonesque Tue 02-Apr-19 14:23:38

I also went to Australia when my eldest was 3.5 months. I didn't think she had very much routine at the time - I was up with her so much that I personally had NO jet lag at all that trip, just instantly adjusted. But the "1 day per hour of time difference" guide to naturally adjusting proved very correct, we had the best part of 2 weeks before I stopped having a baby wide awake and wanting to "play" at 2 in the morning ...

6 hours won't be too bad to be honest. Plus, in some ways it is quite a bit easier to travel with infants before weaning really gets going!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in