Talk

Advanced search

Beat Jetlag or stay on UK time?

(8 Posts)
MegCharlotte Mon 18-Mar-19 10:28:33

Hello, I am 15 weeks pregnant and flew to the US (San Francisco) yesterday landing at 3pm local time. There is a 7 hour time difference. I went to sleep at 8pm and have now woken up at 3am.

My question is, I'm only here until Weds, should I desperately try to go back to sleep (I feel pretty awake) and get into US time, or just sleep a similar pattern for the next 2 nights making it easier to adjust when home?

OP’s posts: |
GoldenHour Tue 19-Mar-19 10:05:56

I am writing this also near where you are at 3am, exact same timings except I woke at 2am 😭 I'm hoping to nod off again for a bit soon...

babysharkah Tue 19-Mar-19 10:19:59

Eat local sleep local do any matter how long the stay, you can't beat it anyway

FrancisCrawford Tue 19-Mar-19 10:25:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BusterTheBulldog Tue 19-Mar-19 10:25:18

Definitely local in my opinion. I change my watch from moment get on plane.

Fraxion Wed 20-Mar-19 00:27:58

What Buster said. I always change my watch on the plane too, first thing I do. We flew to Australia last week and got straight into local time. Fortunately we were able to sleep on the flight over which helped enormously though.

GoldenHour Wed 20-Mar-19 00:38:54

Well it's 17.37 here, I've been up since 1.45am and still going 😂 got a dinner and show to get through tonight before I can go to sleep, hopefully I will be able to sleep in longer tomorrow! Hope you're ok now op!

MegCharlotte Fri 22-Mar-19 07:54:30

I hope the ones of you who are suffering, are feeling better? I didn't really properly adjust and woke up at 3am every morning 😓
Now home and had a good nights sleep, so feeling human again!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in