Talk

Advanced search

Where to go? Dcs 6 and 15mo in July

(7 Posts)
Stealthtoast Sun 10-Mar-19 11:23:48

Hello all. We're considering taking a long haul trip before we have to pay for a seat for our DS. We travelled quite a lot before children but have stayed mostly in Europe since. A couple of weeks, staying in 2 or 3 places, not a resort, not malarial (haven't researched this yet!). We're happy to walk with the baby in a backpack, and are interested in nature, cities, history, architecture, food, swimming and beaches if warm. We keep thinking of places that would actually be better when the children are 5/10 or 10/15!
Any views on Mexico? Vancouver? Pacific n w us? Thailand? Other central America? Other se Asia? Sri Lanka? Any other ideas?
Thanks

OP’s posts: |
ShanghaiDiva Sun 10-Mar-19 12:40:25

Asia - you would need to check vaccinations were up-to-date for both children - tetanus and hep A. Not a problem for malaria, but dengue fever is endemic. I think Sri Lanka is also okay re malaria, but again you will need vaccinations.
Personally I would go with Vancouver or US.
I really like Vietnam and it's an ideal time to visit Hoi an and Hue - but it can be incredibly hot and not ideal with very young children imo.

Stealthtoast Sun 10-Mar-19 15:00:50

Thank you! Yes I agree I think dengue might make me too worried to have fun - I've had it and it was awful!

OP’s posts: |
Mayjane5 Sun 10-Mar-19 15:06:13

Australia!! Just been with my 4 year old, so much for them to do, definitely worth the flight

Applejack87 Mon 11-Mar-19 13:36:48

Sorry to gate crash , but Which part of Australia did you visit Mary Jane , we’re thinking about going with our 13 year old in July , possibly to Sydney

Mayjane5 Mon 11-Mar-19 18:51:03

@Applejack87 we went to Queensland around Brisbane, been a few times would recommend travelling up and down the sunshine/Gold Coast depends on how much time you have. Byron bay/Noosa and Tangalooma are amazing places. Spent a few days in Sydney but didn’t get to the blue mountains which look beautiful. Definitely plan the trip to see as much as you can, there’s plenty of play areas/water parks for little ones

Applejack87 Mon 11-Mar-19 21:30:02

Thankyou Maryjane , we don’t have a clue where to go , we would like to stop off at Singapore on the way back

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in