Talk

Advanced search

4 month old Dominican Republic TUI

(6 Posts)
Geedo1 Wed 20-Feb-19 13:57:09

Heyy

im going to the Dominican to a family wedding with a 4month old! also flying with TUI - who don't do sky cot,
do you take the travel system car seat on the plane or do I just need to take the baby on my lap?

also any tips on the Dominican or long haul with a newish born smile

Thanks in advance,

OP’s posts: |
PastaSauceHoarder Wed 20-Feb-19 14:04:41

Hiya, I wasn't quite the same as you as I took a 10 month old to the Dominican but I hope I can offer some advice! smile We also flew with TUI.

I just held my baby on my lap the whole flight, luckily she slept a lot of the time.

My biggest tip would be to breastfeed/give your baby their bottle just as you're taking off - it prevents their ears from popping and hurting due to the constant swallowing!

Geedo1 Wed 20-Feb-19 14:25:26

thanks smile and did you find the pools ect fine for a baby? and what about mosquiots ? xx

OP’s posts: |
PastaSauceHoarder Wed 20-Feb-19 14:35:58

We bought mosquito spray and just rubbed a tiny layer on her bare skin, plus we bought one of those mosquito bands and put it around her ankle. smile

The pools were great! It was the first time we had ever took her swimming of any kind and she loved it. I bought her a normal swimming costume and an all over wetsuit kind of one, ended up using the wetsuit all the time just to protect her skin from the sun.

Oh and a waterproof sun hat!! Lifesaver in the pool.

ItmustbeGlove Thu 21-Feb-19 08:13:27

It might be worth talking to your travel nurse.
Bite prevention is really important, there are diseases carried by mosquitoes other than malaria
https://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/destinations/caribbean/dominican-republic

mummymeister Thu 21-Feb-19 12:42:34

agree with itmustbeglove. you need to talk to your practice nurse because a 4 month old may not have had their full course of jabs and really you need to make sure your lo is protected from these diseases as well. mozzies carry things like dengue and diarrhoea which can be a real issue for small ones. make sure your travel insurance covers all of you and that it doesn't require your LO to have had all of their jabs in order to be covered.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in