Talk

Advanced search

Vietnam

(4 Posts)
feltcarrot Mon 04-Feb-19 19:56:04

Planning to visit Vietnam (via Hong Kong) in May, we would fly from Hanoi to Da Nang and then thinking of an overnight train from Hue to Ho Chi Minh. Question is, has anyone taken a sleeper train in Vietnam? Am a tad worried about having to share a compartment with strangers. Any advice/experiences would be welcome!

OP’s posts: |
ShanghaiDiva Tue 05-Feb-19 09:13:37

I have taken the sleeper from Hanoi to sapa. There were 4 of us and we had out own little compartment so no need to share. If you are travelling alone you could buy the other three beds to guarantee you are on your own. Alternatively, flights with viet jet are pretty cheap.

ToothlessReg Fri 08-Feb-19 08:36:36

I did the sleeper from Hanoi to DaNang - it was fine, cabins were clean, but I didn’t get much sleep as the train rocks about a bit and there were a few stops during the night. I’d probably fly if I went again as it did write off the next day, was too tired to do much!

As pp said, you’re in a cabin of 4. It was just me and my DH so we shared with a local businessman and an Israeli backpacker who were both nice and quiet, so no problems at all.

feltcarrot Mon 11-Feb-19 17:21:14

Flights are booked! Just got to sort hotels now, think we will try the sleeper train from Hanoi to Danang ( might book a whole cabin) just for the experience and fly DaNang to HCM. Getting excited but still slightly terrified! 😂

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in