Talk

Advanced search

Mexico hotel recommendations?

(10 Posts)
ThatsExactlyRight Sun 27-Jan-19 13:10:23

Hi, we're looking to book a holiday to Mexico this year but have never been before. We have been looking on the Caribbean coast but would be open to other suggestions.

It's just the two of us, no children. We both work with children and families so would like an adults only resort in way of abit of a break from it, but this is not essential!

All inclusive GOOD food, somewhere beautiful to relax with fun things to do when we want to is what we are looking for ideally! I suppose that's very standard though.

Does anyone have any good recommendations, we have looked online but if anyone has any personal insights or somewhere lovely they would be able to recommend, we would be very very grateful!

OP’s posts: |
spinyffud Sun 27-Jan-19 15:10:31

The Beloved Playa Mujeres or Unico 87 20

FuckingHateRain Sun 27-Jan-19 15:12:27

Oh no children!! Royal Hideway in playa del carmen, no kids allowed, 5*, fantastic, food , beach and massage!
So jealous....

NotMoreFootball Sun 27-Jan-19 19:48:03

Excellence Playa Mujeres is adults only, nicest all inclusive I've been to in the Caribbean.

JustPurple Sun 27-Jan-19 20:27:34

The Excellence is probably the nicest hotel I've ever been to. They put entertainment on through the day as well as the evening.
Royalton is nice but not in the same league.

If you like to get off site, Puerto Vallarta is great. Smaller hotels and walking distance into the town. We like Secrets on that side.

WhyArePiratesCalledPirates Sun 27-Jan-19 20:29:35

Seaside suites at the Riviera maya was lovely. All inc. Adults only. 4 or 5 nice alacarte restaurants. Lots of space on beaches. Staff were fab. Really enjoyed. Lovely hol.

ThatsExactlyRight Sun 27-Jan-19 23:03:05

Thank you!!! Going to look at all of these.

I'm very excitedgrin

OP’s posts: |
Lala503 Sun 27-Jan-19 23:12:36

Went to the Viceroy Riviera Maya for our honeymoon a couple of years ago and it was the best hotel I've ever stayed at.
Adults only. Each room is an individual 'hut' with it's own private pool/outdoor shower.

The food is excellent- it's expensive but we went with Virgin for an all inclusive deal. I actually never wanted to leave..

Sforsh49 Mon 28-Jan-19 00:19:09

El Dorado Royale, adult only same chain as Seaside Suites. Something like 7 a la Carte restaurants the Japanese fusion one Kampai is fantastic and you can use the restaurants in Generations next door (they don't tell you this but it's widely done). It's not small, has a Bellini bar, cocktail bar and enough little bars around the resort you can do a bar crawl! My favourite resort in the world!

spinyffud Mon 28-Jan-19 05:28:49

Stayed in the excellence but wasn’t overly impressed. It felt a little dated and a bit of a ‘party’ atmosphere

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in