Talk

Advanced search

San Francisco accomodation and California

(4 Posts)
Wilso Sun 20-Jan-19 22:53:33

Hi
We’ve booked flights to San Fran for august and are looking to stay for 3 nights with our kids age 8 and 11. We’d rather not all be in 1 room together! Can anyone recommend accomodation that could help us with this?

We also need advice about Universal v Disney. Which would you recommend? And where would you stay to see one of them?

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 21-Jan-19 09:13:20

I would look for a hotel that is either suite based or offers interconnecting rooms. Avoid apartment rentals in SF due to the city's clampdown on such things.

How will you be arriving into Los Angeles?.

Given the ages of your children I would choose Disney but that is located in the city of Anaheim which is located in the south of the Greater Los Angeles area.

Universal Studios is located in North Hollywood about 30 minutes north of Downtown Los Angeles. Both Universal and Disney will be very busy in August.

Curlybrunette Mon 21-Jan-19 16:00:47

We wanted the same thing for when we go in May, I did lots of searching of lots of very expensive interconnecting rooms and have eventually booked The Suites at Fishermans Wharf which is an apartment, I thought having a kitchen would be handy.
It still isn't cheap but less than $200 per night which seemed a bargain compared to others!!!
Also has 4.5 Tripadvisor stars which I think is important.

Have a great time, are you travelling anywhere else whilst you're there?

Wilso Tue 22-Jan-19 21:20:16

Curly brunette we are gong to Yosemite, Monterey, Santa Barbara and then LA and Anaheim. Have a great trip too!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in