Talk

Advanced search

NYC - Washington DC in April for over a week - Is this feasible?

(3 Posts)
Kriskad Sun 20-Jan-19 12:56:43

Hi,
Can you please give me you advice on my trip plan to NYC and Washington DC in April with 12 and 8 years old. We are landing in NYC and planning to stay there and explore for 3 days. We then plan to catch a train to Washington DC and pop over Blackwater Falls State Park for 3 days - for the nature and relaxed mood. We plan to come back to Washington DC and spend there our last 3 days before going to NYC to catch out flight back. Is this feasible and does it feel as too much travel? Where else can we go to escape the city for a few days and see some nature?
Any recommendations are much appreciated.

OP’s posts: |
BF888 Mon 21-Jan-19 03:43:51

Yes totally feasible! DC is beautiful in April with Cherry Blossom, although you will feel the hustle and bustle there are plenty of nature sources.

Don’t underestimate how beautiful the rest of New York is though. I’ve been both to the Hamptons and also upstate New York and both are beautiful and full of nature.

brookshelley Mon 21-Jan-19 04:01:39

It's possible, it's about 4 hours on train from NYC to Washington. But I've just looked up Blackwater Falls and it's in West Virginia, that's not particularly close to DC.

If you're willing to rent a car then there are many places you can explore in the New York area for nature. Lake George, Adirondacks, The Catskills. Or you could head further north and go to Niagara Falls on the border between New York state and Canada.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in