Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for toys or books for baby on 11+ hour flight?

(5 Posts)
Stringofpearls Wed 16-Jan-19 19:37:38

Our baby will be about 9 months when we fly, I've been told that it's a good idea to take some new toys or books to keep her entertained. Does anyone have any recommendations for what worked well for them?

OP’s posts: |
somewhereovertherain Wed 16-Jan-19 19:48:01

Air hostesses will sort it. Bit of vodka on the dummy. 😂😂

FlyingwithBaby Wed 16-Jan-19 19:51:21

A balloon and a piece of ribbon! Inflate it when your little one gets fed up 😊
Planes are very interesting things for babies, lots of buttons to press and people to look at!
Take a sling and be prepared to do a lot of walking up and down the isles. They’ll probably sleep for a lot of it and it’ll be easier than you imagine.

NatureGal Wed 16-Jan-19 19:55:35

When we took our 9 month old on a 9hr flight last year, I just took a couple of new books, and she used her sisters small aqua doodle and 'buckie the buckle buster' toy. She spent a good chunk of the flight asleep.

LambChopsMcGee Mon 21-Jan-19 16:55:33

You could get some baby headphones and an adapter for the in flight screen plugs (they're different from normal jacks). My DD loves the TV and I let her have more than normal on long flights!

Lots of little Tupperwares of different snacks, and a few small toys. My DD is older but pens and paper are good for her, and a Cbeebies magazine to look at pictures and let her hold it and not worry if she trashes it.

The first time I flew with her she was 6 months and I did 4 long haul and I took earplugs for other passengers (not accepted but seen as a gesture of goodwill and apology...) and the main thing DD liked was being taken around the plane meeting people.

That's not much help, sorry! Magazines, pens, food and TV though. Same as entertains me

grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in