Talk

Advanced search

Best Carribbean all inclusive for 10 or 11 month old?

(5 Posts)
Shires Mon 14-Jan-19 18:14:36

Hello all

Just wondering if anyone has been to a good Carribbean all inclusive resort they'd recommend for which me and my wife would like to go with our daughter who would be either 10 or 11 months old depending on time of travel.
As it's our first holiday with her we'd like it to be a baby friendly resort, within short drive (max 30mins) from airport, beach to be no more than a few mins walk from hotel room (have seen some resorts where it's at least a 10 minutes walk from room to beach), have a baby pool, good selection of restaurants for us adults, have paths which are pushchair friendly. As she seems to be too young for the hotel kids clubs it seems, we are happy to look after her ourselves while we are there but would like life to be made as easy as possible whilst there with a baby so a baby friendly resort is a must.

We are happy with either a 4* or 5* resort, don't mind where in the Carribbean as long as it's not Mexico as have been there before. But mainly looking at St Lucia, Jamaica, Barbados, Antigua but happy to look at anywhere that's recommended by families that have been in a similar position to us.

Many thanks for all your help. smile

OP’s posts: |
KingIrving Mon 14-Jan-19 19:26:06

Years ago, 15 years ago we went to the Barcelo Bavaro in the Dominican Republic. At that time it was a 5 hotel complex with around 10 different restaurants including a 24 hours one (which only served rubbish pizza and so on) , several pools which we never used as the sea was so nice. There was a small train going around the complex so we never had to walk a lot.
I am not sure the complex still exist in its form but it was a very nice holiday.
The following year, we went to Jamaica, but I didn't like it as much. Full of Americans who spent the day drinking as the bar was free and the restaurants closed very early at night. SO check the restaurants time when booking.

KingIrving Mon 14-Jan-19 19:27:21

Forgot to add, DS1 was 10 months old in the Dominican Republic

Shires Thu 17-Jan-19 21:34:26

Thank you, I will have a look into it.
Am a little bit apprehensive though about Dominican Republic as some reviews I've read have said the staff mainly speak Spanish only and so with a baby is be needing to be requesting certain food suitable for her such as no sakr/chilli etc and am a bit worried that may get lost in translation

OP’s posts: |
BIWI Thu 17-Jan-19 21:37:21

Turtle Beach in Barbados ticks all those boxes!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in