Talk

Advanced search

Help! How to split 10 days in Cape Cod/ Martha’s Vineyard with teens

(5 Posts)
N0rdicStar Sun 06-Jan-19 09:25:39

Got 10 days in the above area with 3 teens. Want to do Plimouth Plantation, Province town whale trip, cycle the Bright Sea trail, visit a couple of towns etc and visit MV( would like to cycle, chill on beach, visit a couple of towns etc there too).

Really struggling re how to split trip as would need to spend a week on one and hotel the other 3 days.Could maybe get a 10 day rental on CC if we were lucky( maybe do 2 MV day trips).

Can see attractions with spending the bulk on either but drawbacks to both.

Can anybody who knows the area advise?

OP’s posts: |
BubblesBuddy Sun 06-Jan-19 10:16:48

MV is smaller so less time there unless you just want to relax.

BubblesBuddy Sun 06-Jan-19 10:30:48

Sorry - posted too soon. Cape Cod is quite large and we stayed in two areas for variety. MV is smaller and has fewer settlements. It’s essentially a beach island. It’s charming. I think there is more to see and do on CC but 3 nights on MV would be lovely.

ChocomelandRinglings Sun 06-Jan-19 22:54:21

When are you going? We did Cape Cod and Martha’s Vineyard a couple of years ago. I would say give yourself a couple of chances with the whale watching, as we only had the one chance and the sea was too rough to go, even though it was a beautiful day!

Appin Sun 06-Jan-19 22:58:47

We stayed in Beach Breeze Inn in Falmouth which is near the ferry for MV. We didn't go across, as we were short on time, but can recommend the inn and Falmouth for one of your stops. Betsys Diner is a fabulous old style diner, Falmouth has a street of lovely restaurants, and we even went to see the local varsity football team on the Friday night, along with the rest of the town!

I'd do a few days in Provincetown too- Cape Cod is really quite big. By staying in Falmouth we limited ourselves to the southern edge and didn't make it round to the tip. I'd stay for longer next time and make it round to PTown.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in