Talk

Advanced search

AI in Barbados

(33 Posts)
Iamblossom Wed 02-Jan-19 18:46:13

Hi, we are looking to go away next Christmas to Barbados for 2 weeks. Our preference would be to buy our own flights, find a guest house or b&b, hire a car, do our own thing, but tallying it up it seems exorbitant to do it that way. If we went AI it seems cheaper even if we then hire a car and do our own exploring, find some fishing, etc. Had anyone done this?

Thanks

laramara Mon 07-Jan-19 22:57:55

AI is not really big in Barbados compared to other Caribbean islands; Sandals has only been there for a few years;many visitors prefer the freedom of being able to choose where to eat; it really is only as expensive as you want it to be; Beach View on the west coast is an awesome place to stay and prices there very reasonable.

Ilovewhippets Mon 07-Jan-19 23:02:55

Have fun op - it’s a lovely island and I also recommend Huntes garden. Unlike any botanical garden I’ve ever visited.

MakeAHouseAHome Mon 07-Jan-19 23:03:49

I don't reccommend Sandals at all. Be wary if you are considering them for AI.

Jaffacakebeast Mon 07-Jan-19 23:39:32

I went bed and breakfast, flights with virgin. I took my ds and didn’t bother with a hire car, the reggae reggae buses made the holiday for us, my ds absolutely loved them. We went all over. Stayed near oistins

Spanglylycra Tue 08-Jan-19 17:47:24

Those that have been to Crystal Cove - is the pool big enough and how was the food?

user1466518624 Tue 22-Jan-19 21:44:02

Air bnb a house or apartment on Sugar Hill or an apartment on Glitter Bay, hire a car if you wish but the buses are good fun. Superb restaurants and no need to go AI.

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Mon 28-Jan-19 16:03:23

We went nearly 2yrs ago at Easter with our two who were 2.5yrs and 6.5yrs and stayed at Savannah beach hotel we booked a duplex and club class it was lovely its rated 3-4stars but we went for better room as wanted separate sleeping areas.

bbcessex Sun 14-Jul-19 11:31:51

Hi all - thought I would bump this thread as looking at Sandals for next Jan.

I see there's mixed opinions; anyone got any more specific views?
We are looking at all inclusive, can get away for one week only, it's a rare holiday without teenagers for us so we want to get it as right as we can.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »