Talk

Advanced search

New York State

(8 Posts)
KhoPeePee Mon 31-Dec-18 13:51:16

Hi, I'm looking for recommendations for a third stop on a trip to New York State in April. We will spend 5 days or so in New York City, 4 days or so in the Catskills and I'm looking for recommendations on where to make our third stop. We have 13 nights in total. It'll be two adults and two 8 year olds. Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Groovee Mon 31-Dec-18 14:02:51

I worked in the Finger Lakes region when I worked in Upstate New York. If you can head up near Niagara Falls US side, it's lovely there.

MissConductUS Mon 31-Dec-18 14:09:07

I'm a New Yorker. I'd second the suggestion for a visit to the Finger Lakes. I'd also like to put in a plug for the Corning Museum of Glass, in Corning, NY (fairly central NY).

CMOG

It's fascinating and the glass blowing exhibitions and workshop are loads of fun. Everytime we go we come back with things we've made. The gift shop is brilliant and full of things made on site, and they'll ship anything you buy back to the UK.

KhoPeePee Mon 31-Dec-18 14:12:42

Thanks so much for these. Ideally, we don't want to be more than about 3 hours drive from New York City for the return flight...we had been thinking about Washington DC for the third stop but it looks a bit far.

MissConductUS Mon 31-Dec-18 14:29:41

If you want to stay closer to NYC visit the Hudson Valley - it's lovely and lots to see and do:

travelhudsonvalley.com

hudsonvalley.org

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson_Highlands

I live in the Hudson Valley. Let me know when you're coming and I'll put the kettle on. smile

KhoPeePee Mon 31-Dec-18 18:05:26

Looks Great, thank you!

MissConductUS Mon 31-Dec-18 18:53:11

You're most welcome. Feel free to PM me as you plan your trip if you have questions or want suggestions on anything.

Klobluchar Sat 05-Jan-19 04:04:53

Hyde Park on the Hudson is nice and pretty close to the city

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in