Talk

Advanced search

Disney World staying off site

(8 Posts)
PoptartPoptart Sat 29-Dec-18 04:36:54

Quick question, if staying off site but buying a 14 day pass for the Disney Parks, will I still get the My Disney Experience App?
Can I still make onsite restaurant reservations 180 days in advance?
What about Fastpasses? Can I make them 60 days in advance?
Only ever stayed onsite before but this time we’re considering a villa offsite to try and save money.
Thanks

OP’s posts: |
tryinganewname Sat 29-Dec-18 04:39:24

Yes to all except your fast passes are at 30 days, not 60.

PoptartPoptart Sat 29-Dec-18 04:48:21

Thanks.
Is it very difficult to get good fast pass slots for the popular rides at 30 days?

Weenurse Sat 29-Dec-18 04:51:26

We stayed on site so used the extra Disney hours to do the popular rides.
Avatar was very busy, so if you are considering doing that, I would fast pass it.
Go on to the app and you can see current wait times and used that as your guide

tryinganewname Sat 29-Dec-18 07:37:17

Yes it's a lot more difficult at 30 days - there were 4 of us - myself, husband and baby stayed on site and got everything we wanted at 60 days but PIL couldn't get Avatar, 7 dwarfs or Soarin' at 30 days. A lot do come available once there but we never managed Avatar Flight of Passage - luckily, I had 2 on different days so they used ours.

ASAS Sat 29-Dec-18 07:40:19

Can you book an all star hotel for 1 night at the start to get 60 day fast passes? We did that, cost around £130ish

PoptartPoptart Sat 29-Dec-18 11:02:03

I thought there was a 5 night minimum stay during peak season at Disney hotels?

But even if I did manage to book 1or 2 nights in order to book fastpasses 60 days in advance, wouldn’t it only let me book for the duration of my stay on a Disney property, rather than for two whole weeks?

ASAS Sat 29-Dec-18 11:19:48

We stayed one night in June last year, got EMH and 60 day fast passes (If you sync everything on the app)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in