Advanced search

Australia transit visa what a palaver

(6 Posts)
rookiemere Sun 02-Dec-18 15:34:35

Trying to fill this in. They want proof of employment. passport photo plus passport separately . We will be there for less than 24 hrs but do want to leave the airport. anyone any experience of filling these in i.e do I seriously need a separate photo from my passport?

OP’s posts: |
sulflower Sun 02-Dec-18 15:44:57

You don't even need to provide that level of detail for a tourist visa to visit Australia. Have you applied on the official Australian government site?

rookiemere Sun 02-Dec-18 15:51:21

Yes I'm on the official site - maybe I'm applying for the wrong visa but it does seem to indicate that's what I need for a transit visa

OP’s posts: |
sulflower Sun 02-Dec-18 21:55:43

If you are going to be in Australia for more than 8 hours you can apply for an e-visitor passport which would be easier! I just did one for my stepson a couple of weeks ago (he's there just now). It was simple and straightforward, just the usual personal and passport details, no copies of anything required.

rookiemere Mon 03-Dec-18 06:31:31

Thanks I'm going to do that

OP’s posts: |
sulflower Mon 03-Dec-18 07:41:59

Should have said e-visitor visa! Good luck and enjoy your trip

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in