Talk

Advanced search

NZ with a 1 year old?

(5 Posts)
evenhope Fri 22-Jun-07 16:39:08

We've been invited to 2 weddings 1 week apart in New Zealand next Feb/ March. Quite aside from whether we can afford the flights (looking doubtful ATM) DH reminded me that the baby who currently feeds all day long will be 2 weeks short of 1 year old when we go, and into the stage of running up and down and saying NO.

Are we mad to even consider going? Will DD be too big for a sky cot? If anyone has done this, is 27 hours too long to have a wriggly toddler on your lap?

belgo Fri 22-Jun-07 16:40:57

Two adults and one baby = you'll be fine.

Go and enjoy!

TheMaskedPoster Fri 22-Jun-07 16:46:36

hi evenhope

wow 2 weddings to go to - what an excuse to go!!! Hopefully you can sort out the finances and go.

As to going with a lo - we took dd back to NZ when she was 7 months old and it was fine - hard work (because she was at the I wanna crawl everywhere stage) but managable. Certain airlines are better with children, and if there are two of you it will be even better.

Also, fear not, you will not be the only ones with a lo on board - there are always lots travelling to and fro. As for the skycot - I would book one definitely , if only for the fact that you get the bit more extra room etc

Good luck
x

Mercy Fri 22-Jun-07 16:52:58

You should be fine with dd at that age.

It's quite possible that she won't be walking at 1 year. It's also easy to keep them occupied at that age.

Don't know if you have been to NZ before but it can be pretty hot in February - and the sun BURNS. So lots of high-factor sun-block (and mozzie spray)

evenhope Fri 22-Jun-07 18:37:51

Thanks everyone. That seems more hopeful then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now