Talk

Advanced search

Thailand spending money

(3 Posts)
Glittergirl30 Wed 17-Oct-18 15:05:44

Hello

I’m going to Bangkok for 3 nights and krabi for 7 in January. It is me and my partner, we have already booked some trips to do, but are wondering roughly how much spending money we should expect to spend? We both drink alcohol, we will mostly want to eat out but may eat in the hotel 1 or 2 times.

Thanks very much

OP’s posts: |
christravelwizard Wed 17-Oct-18 18:21:08

Hi Glittergirl30,
My DD has just come back from 3 weeks in Thailand and keeps telling me how cheap it is. However, if you want to apply a little science, then this site ink{https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/Bangkokwww.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/Bangkok here}
might help.

Just roughly guess what you and your partner might spend each day from the items on the list, add it all up and whatever that total is, divide it by 42. At today's rate of Thai Baht to UK£, its 42.60 baht to £1.
(Gosh, when I went 300 years ago, it was 66 to $1 !!)
Have a lovely holiday!
Chris

sulflower Thu 18-Oct-18 16:53:30

We found Thailand fairly cheap to eat out. We stayed in a 5 star in Krabi and even that was reasonable for food and drink compared to other hotels we've stayed in across the globe. The only thing we found expensive in Bangkok was the rooftop bars but worth it. We loved the Moon Bar at the Banyan tree. Taxis were cheap.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in