Talk

Advanced search

Requested Seats Moved.. twice!

(6 Posts)
schoty77 Thu 27-Sep-18 00:41:51

Last year my wife and son went to Orlando from London with American Air. Travel agent sat us all together, and I checked the app every day to make sure they were still selected. Then one day they got deleted, AA were adamant the travel agent did it. I doubt it! Oh well, we were all separated on that flight.

This year we have booked the same trip. Once again, two weeks before travelling our seat selection has been deleted. AA again says it's the travel agent. No more seats together available.

Not very happy about this. I feel a bit targeted.. hmm

I don't want to sound like a whiner, I am aware that the seats that are free to reserve when you book an airline ticket can be moved. I'm really just wanting to know if this has happened to anyone else?

OP’s posts: |
ConsiderHerWaysAndOthers Thu 27-Sep-18 00:54:40

That’s very bizarre. I fly AA a lot, long haul and short haul and that’s never happened. Unless there was a change of aircraft then I would be looking at the travel agent to be honest. Next tine just book yourself!

mummymeister Thu 27-Sep-18 14:11:51

stop booking with the travel agent and book direct so that you get the seats that you want. if you are booking a package type holiday and the agent queries this then tell them why.

Penguinsetpandas Wed 03-Oct-18 21:47:53

Only had it happen once, booked direct with Norwegian, arrived to find us all split up including a 3 year old completely alone. 😱 That was blamed on the computer.

underneaththeash Fri 05-Oct-18 14:31:42

Get the travel agent to sort it out, that's what you're paying them for.

Rafflesway Fri 05-Oct-18 14:46:12

I am an ex travel agent and the only time I ever encountered this is where passport details were entered into the system AFTER seats had been selected.

Sounds like a long shot though as I doubt the agent would be leaving entering api until 2 weeks prior to departure unless they had used "Dummy passport details" initially to book the seats. (I used to do this quite often where clients didn't have their passports with them when booking. Agents -if they know what they are doing- can enter dummy passport number, issue and expiry dates until they have the correct ones, (definitely NOT dummy names though.) Passport numbers and issue/expiry dates can be amended easily and without charge. Needed to do this as many airlines now won't confirm seats unless passport details are entered at time of booking but I always used to diarise and ensure I had correct details within a few days and I used to warn clients their seat numbers could change until final details entered.

Could it be anything like this at all?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in