Talk

Advanced search

Help me find a holiday!

(6 Posts)
xlexiix Wed 26-Sep-18 22:14:17

So me and DP have not had a holiday for the last 2 years finances have been super tight but we unexpectedly received a large sum (to us) from the tax man!

After paying off debts and credit cards we have about 5k left for a holiday!

I am struggling to find some where that meets our requirements so I am turning to the collective wisdom!

2 adults traveling from any UK airport
All inclusive
Premium seats on the flights (DP has an old motorcycle injury that means anything else will ruin the rest of the holiday)
Ideally Bahamas, Cuba Mexico (warm and sunny!)

The catch if we are going to go this year which is the dream we need to go during my work shutdown 22nd December till 2nd January. I have 6 days holiday I could add onto the start so leaving any point from the 13th.

Please Help!!

OP’s posts: |
Pinkstars2501 Wed 26-Sep-18 23:12:18

We’re currently in Mexico. Flew into Cancun, on a TUI Dreamliner which have premium economy. Staying in a Riu hotel. Think DH booked it for £2600, two weeks 24hr All Inclusive. Spa and gym on site if you like that. Free water sports on site plus extra ones you can pay for. TUI have lots of excursions you can chose too.
Food is brill, all different cuisines and a few different restaurants to choose from. 3 different pools, but also right on the beach.
There’s monkeys and other animals roaming the grounds of this one.
With Riu you can use a couple of the other hotels on the stretch if you fancy a wander out, though they are much the same.
There’s a load of shops about a 30 min walk from the hotel, can also taxi.

We love it. I’d recommend any of the hotels in this area if it’s your type of holiday. Although not sure what the weather is like in December/January.

whoareyou123 Thu 27-Sep-18 06:40:07

You might not like the return date, but ~£4600 would get you through Virgin holidays 10 days in Barbados leaving on the 15th December (premium flights/all inclusive/transfers).

ShanghaiDiva Thu 27-Sep-18 16:57:34

What about Asia?
Thailand, Cambodia, south of Vietnam all nice and sunny then.

Whywonttheyletmeusemyusername Thu 27-Sep-18 17:04:02

Mexico is fab...also stayed in a Riu in Cancun, but you'd need to check the weather for the time of year you'd want to go.

ineedwine99 Thu 27-Sep-18 17:08:59

My friend speaks highly of Grand Sirenis in Riviera Maya, all inc with Tui
www.tui.co.uk/destinations/caribbean/mexico/mexico-caribbean-coast/riviera-maya/hotels/grand-sirenis-riviera-maya-resort-and-spa.html

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in