Talk

Advanced search

New York Hotel for large family

(8 Posts)
Snowglobes Sun 23-Sep-18 13:41:53

Does anyone have any recommendations on getting a couple of good size connecting rooms please that aren’t outrageously expensive?

OP’s posts: |
AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 23-Sep-18 15:02:21

NYC is not synonymous with cheap due to the number of visitors it receives all year round.

I would look at somewhere like the Staybridge suites or the Sofitel to name but two. These all offer adjoining rooms.

combatbarbie Sun 23-Sep-18 15:05:06

I stayed in Staybridge suites on our honeymoon, room was lovely, pretty central to what we wanted to do. I'd stay again.

randomthoughts Sun 23-Sep-18 18:41:50

Take a look at hotel beacon, great location and huge apartments with a full size sofa bed in the lounge.

budgiegirl Mon 24-Sep-18 16:44:25

Maybe look off Manhattan - our family of 5 (3 teens) stayed in The Doubletree Suites in New Jersey for much less than staying in Manhattan .it had two big rooms with two double beds and a huge sofa bed - each room had plenty of space, a tv, WiFi etc. It was a very short walk to the PATH train which took you right to the World Trade Centre or Midtown in 15 mins for a couple of dollars. It also had amazing views of Lower Manhattan from the higher floors. We loved it and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Snowglobes Wed 26-Sep-18 05:27:00

Great ideas! Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
scotx Sun 30-Sep-18 09:15:49

Take a look at the Affinia hotels - studio and 1 bed suites with kitchenettes. I've stayed at the Affinia 50 and the studio is very spacious for NY.

www.affinia.com/

TartanCurtains Sun 30-Sep-18 09:37:19

Take a look at the Radio City Apartments, just off Times Square.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in