Talk

Advanced search

Hotel recommendations in Bangkok?

(4 Posts)
Blogsshogs1 Mon 17-Sep-18 21:52:57

Hello, we are in Bangkok for 36 hours next year - looking for a good hotel with pool, nice location - with a bit of wow factor! Just for the fun of it. With 8 year old DS.

Recommendations please! I went years ago but can't remember where I stayed.

OP’s posts: |
WhatYouGonnaDoKatie Tue 18-Sep-18 12:29:26

The Lebua is quite cool as it has the rooftop bar where the Hangover was filmed. Also a pool and great breakfast!

TheGonnagle Tue 18-Sep-18 21:49:18

Shangri la. Massive pool, on the riverside which is a lovely family friendly area in a city which can be a little inappropriate in places for a child. The rooms are lovely and they don’t charge to make the sofa by the window up for a child. Choose Horizon Club for a bit of extra luxury and evening cocktails.
You can take the river transport up and down to sights for peanuts, the BTS station is an easy walk for shopping in Siam. Lastly, there is a Robinson’s supermarket really close for any emergency purchases and plenty of little restaurants outside.
For a proper Thai bar, step out of the hotel, turn left and follow the Soi to the river. Then you can hang out with right on the river drinking cheap Singha with the local Thais and some other tourists and watch the sun go down. Bloody great.

ToesInWater Thu 20-Sep-18 09:16:52

I also love the Lebua, it really has the wow factor, but your 8yo will not be allowed in the rooftop bar.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in