Talk

Advanced search

India - anyone recommend a driver for Delhi and Rajasthan?

(6 Posts)
Justwanttoweeinpeace Tue 04-Sep-18 21:05:25

Just that. DH, DS and I for a week, looking for a driver as the roads look quite frankly terrifying for the uninitiated.

Any recommendations?

Also any recommendations for where would be good with a 6yo. Going October half term.

TIA

OP’s posts: |
DamsonWhine Tue 04-Sep-18 21:12:02

Have you tried the IndiaMike forum? You might get more knowledgeable help on what sounds like a pretty independent trip, compared to how I suspect your average MNer travels.

BubblesBuddy Wed 05-Sep-18 01:04:27

Most of us book a car, driver and hotels with an agent. I would trust a top class company here. I wouldn’t trust anyone else. A 4x4 might make you feel safer. Yes, driving standards are low, occasionally shocking.

ShanghaiDiva Wed 05-Sep-18 09:42:34

We booked a car and driver through our hotel - used Trident hotels - and the driver and car came from Avis. We didn't use a car for long distances - took the train from Agra to Jaipur and flew from Jaipur to Delhi.
My favourite place in Delhi was the Qutub Minar complex.
In Jaipur your son might enjoy the Jantar Mantar. Amer Fort is stunning.

Justwanttoweeinpeace Wed 05-Sep-18 11:15:09

Thanks all! Much appreciated 😊

OP’s posts: |
BubblesBuddy Fri 07-Sep-18 18:41:16

If you can still ride up to the Amber Fort on an elephant, that would be fun. Look at the lovely carvings and stonework at the fort. There are plenty of interesting sights in Delhi and Agra. The bird sanctuary at Bharatphur used to be wonderful but not sure about water levels now.

We also stayed in heritage hotels which are amazing. Some are expensive but not all. I highly recommend getting Lonely Planet to help you decide what’s best to see.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in