Talk

Advanced search

American Road trip - is this enough time?

(4 Posts)
Nigglenaggle Sat 11-Aug-18 09:59:42

We are planning a road trip across America/Canada. Going from New York to Seattle taking in Quebec and Niagara as a slight detour. The rest is flexible. We have 5 weeks and there are about 72 hours of driving. We have 3 children who are used to long car journeys and can entertain themselves if we do a couple of long drive days. I'm happy to do the lions share of the driving. DH still argues it's too much and we won't appreciate anything. I'm kind of bargaining on that everything is spread out and there will be long stretches of road where there isn't anything to see. I do appreciate the need for a couple of down days where we don't do much, but I think we can still fit things in. Obviously you could spend the whole 5 weeks in New York and not be bored, but I think we have enough time for the major sites. We're unlikely to have a big holiday like this again for a number of years so we both want it to be right!! Opinions welcome (especially ones agreeing with me, obviously ;) )

Nigglenaggle Sat 11-Aug-18 10:00:31

sights

lljkk Sat 11-Aug-18 10:03:57

We did a complete circuit of lower 48 when I was 5yrs old, in a single month (in a motor home), saw heaps of sights & visited family, so yes I think you've got enough time. You could post the itinerary in detail, I guess.

RusholmeRuffian Sun 12-Aug-18 09:25:01

Easily enough time. I've done coast to coast in 3 weeks, saw loads and had an amazing time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: