Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone used an inflatable foot rest for kids?

(6 Posts)
Stompythedinosaur Sat 11-Aug-18 01:44:42

I've seen some ads for these to fill the foot space so a child can lie flat on a normal plane seat.Some if the brands are Plane Pal and Bedbox.

I'm tempted for flights to Costa Rica via Miami next year, but I'm not sure how useful they are.

I would really appreciate feedback if someone has used them before.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 11-Aug-18 08:10:08

I would check with the airlines concerned and receive a written reply before purchasing.

Many airlines however, do not allow them for aircraft safety reasons and I certainly would not want to take this through Miami airport either (as you could well end up carrying the thing miles on arrival to immigration).

Butternutsqoosh Sat 11-Aug-18 08:11:40

As Attila said, many airlines including British long haul ones do not allow these on board, as they have not been tested for safety for that specific aircraft or airline.

nervyuyt Sat 11-Aug-18 08:14:30

As above, also your child must be small enough that they would fit the space, small children are generally happy to curl up and fall asleep anyway. Unless they are not good sleepers, I. Which case this would be no use anyway

Stompythedinosaur Sat 11-Aug-18 09:28:41

Ah, doesn't sound positive.

According to the ad I looked at BA do allow them (just not during take off or landing), although I suppose that's not from BA themselves.

I'm not so worried about carrying them (I was looking at the cheaper ones that fold really small anyway) but if they aren't helpful for getting the kids to sleep I probably won't bother.

CAAKE Sat 11-Aug-18 12:49:11

We have Plane Pals and used them on Qantas and Emirates with no hassles at all. They really are fantastic. I'd certainly investigate as if allowed it makes a big difference to DCs comfort and sleep.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: