Talk

Advanced search

Help! In Antigua and need tampons!

(10 Posts)
BoffinMum Fri 10-Aug-18 21:58:10

I’ve just arrived in Antigua and started gushing blood (thanks to Brian the fibroid) but only have minimal supplies with me thanks to deficient forward planning. Only I can’t find tampons in the supermarkets and they only have regular towels as well, nothing man enough for this. And I am supposed to be going on a boat trip tomorrow. Any suggestions where I might be able to buy something absorbent enough on the island??

OP’s posts: |
KingIrving Fri 10-Aug-18 22:02:15

Pharmacy?
Bigger supermarket, not the tiny corner one.

waterandlemonjuice Fri 10-Aug-18 22:02:26

Can you try an expensive hotel? Worth asking? What a pain.

Omgineedanamechange Fri 10-Aug-18 22:04:32

Any holiday reps where you are, even if you are not with their company?(preferably female as they’re more likely to know the answer/have some handy)

SilverHairedCat Fri 10-Aug-18 22:13:23

Are you in a hotel or self catered? I think I took mine with me I'm afraid, but maybe ask a local?

SilverHairedCat Fri 10-Aug-18 22:13:47

Ooh, yes, a pharmacy. Definitely saw them in there.

Aragog Fri 10-Aug-18 22:23:50

Pharmacies should have them, and one of the big supermarket.

DrWhy Fri 10-Aug-18 22:31:44

When we lived overseas (not Antigua!) I could only buy them in Pharmacies, not supermarkets. That’s definitely worth a try.

BoffinMum Sun 12-Aug-18 08:45:19

Success, we went into St John’s and I have a massive box of Playtex super now, bought in a pharmacy, so mission accomplished!!

BoffinMum Sun 12-Aug-18 08:46:42

(It’s funny how you take things like tampons for granted until they are not there).

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in