Talk

Advanced search

eastern Canada - suggestions please

(3 Posts)
grumpy4squash Sun 29-Jul-18 14:52:36

Hi,
We are planning a road trip next year with 3 teenage DC. We have up to three weeks.

So far we have Toronto, Niagara, Alonquin National Park, one or both of Montreal or Quebec City.

Is it good to continue out to Halifax, or is that a long drive for not much?

Any places on the lakes that are good for water activities? White water rafting?

Any other suggestions? I am really dithering and could do with some advice!

OP’s posts: |
Annebronte Sun 29-Jul-18 21:26:17

I think you have enough for 3 weeks already. Halifax and the Maritimes are lovely, but it’s a heck of a drive and I don’t think it would add a lot to your holiday. Algonquin, Toronto, Montreal are better. Nova Scotia, PEI etc are a separate trip, I’d say.

Ladytron11 Tue 31-Jul-18 13:23:16

Hi, we've just got back from 2 wks in Ontario and it was brilliant. We started in Toronto, did the usual sightseeing things and went to a baseball match (Blue Jays) - brilliant. I can recommend See Sight Tours for your Niagara trip. Niagara is 1.5hrs from Toronto and we wanted a small, exclusive operator rather than a big coach tour. They were excellent and Niagara is just breathtaking - one of the best trips I've ever been on. We then spent several days at the Blue Mountain Resort. From there we drove through Algonquin National Park to get to Owl Rafting (Foresters Falls) for a family whitewater rafting trip. Middle of nowhere, stayed in cabins, brilliant. My kids are young but they cater for older kids who want something a bit more thrilling on the water. Just beautiful out there. We made our way back to Toronto via Gananoque for a boat trip through the Thousand Islands, which was also nice. Hope that helps. Have fun planning your trip, three weeks there will be amazing!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in