Talk

Advanced search

Jetlag - 6 mth old - West Coast Canada

(5 Posts)
Flangelina Thu 31-May-07 10:51:46

Sorry I know there have some threads on this. I am considering taking my 6 mth old baby to Canada to see my sister but there is 7 hour time difference, so if he sleeps his usual times he will be going to sleep at noon and waking at 11.30pm! Since we were only planning to be there for a week/10 days, and most of the other threads suggest it takes nearly that long to settle in, I am wondering if it's worth going? Any opinions please?

hana Thu 31-May-07 10:54:23

yes it's worth going, fab part of the world!
with a baby this young, you just have to go with the flow, there really isn't much you can do about their sleeping times
and jet lag.
I've done this trip countless times with my children from 3 months and up (altho time difference is only 5 hours) and they've been fine. I'm not one to worry too much about schedules and when they should be sleeping etc etc

Flangelina Thu 31-May-07 22:08:11

Thanks very much hana. It's a trip I am going to have to get used to, since my sister lives there! :-(

mrsbabookaloo Mon 13-Aug-07 16:00:12

We did west coast US with my four month old and I was DREADING it, but of course t wasn't as bad as I thought. Like you, we only went for a week, so it seemed hardly worth it, but of course dd's gradnparents have to see her. I think we had three broken nights, and then she was fine, we got up at odd times some days, but managed to function, and coming back I think it was just a couple of broken nights and then back to normal. Everybody says babies cope with it better than us, which seems hard to believe..how can they know? But I guess it's the sunlight and being naturally adaptable!

mrsbabookaloo Tue 14-Aug-07 09:48:16

Sorry - I've just realised that this is from months ago, so my reply totally irrelevant. Doh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now