Talk

Advanced search

Where is Asia would you holiday with a young family?

(14 Posts)
SwissSarah Wed 18-Jul-18 21:31:09

We're headed to Taiwan to see family next Easter time. We will be spending a week with them in their home and then want to holiday somewhere in Asia for another week. Any suggestions for family friendly and interesting places where we could get to the beach some of the time.
Kids will be 4, 6 and 8. We also want to break the journey for a couple of nights from the UK to Asia in each direction. I fancy Dubai. Where would you recommend? Thanks!

SwissSarah Wed 18-Jul-18 21:31:55

Apologies for the typo.
Where IN Asia not is...

ZombieHunter Wed 18-Jul-18 23:56:52

Borneo will always get my thumbs up for families.

It has it all:
Beaches - Kota Kinabalu and neighbouring islands such as Seppangar and Mantanani have great beaches and reefs
Adventure - in the rainforest filled with rafting, hiking, ziplining and hiking Mount Kinabalu
Nature - watching the Orang Utans and black bears in Sepilok, the Probiscus monkeys near Kota Kinabalu

Accommodation affordable, good food, family friendly. One of the few destinations I would go back in a heartbeat (and probably will at one point)

SwissSarah Thu 19-Jul-18 07:19:17

Thank you so much, it sounds incredible!

Mercurial123 Sat 21-Jul-18 10:37:21

I was disappointed by Borneo so much of the country is now palm plantations driving for hours and that's all you see. Pockets of Borneo are still beautiful. The Orang Utangs in Sepilok was like being at a zoo we walked by the feeding of the adults and had the nursery area to ourselves which was amazing. The sun bears are beautiful and are being rehabilitated after a life of abuse.

I would choose Vietnam it's fascinating country and so much to offer.

Amani Sun 22-Jul-18 08:59:51

Penang is beautiful- so much to do ( Penang hill, George town etc) Love it there, Dubai is also fab for a stop over. Make sure you watch the dancing fountains - my kids love it there.

SwissSarah Sun 22-Jul-18 09:12:14

Thank you both for your input too. Much appreciated. Excited to start planning!

broadsheetbabe Sun 22-Jul-18 13:38:43

Vietnam - check out Hoi An.

Zhx3 Sun 22-Jul-18 13:46:21

Hong Kong? Ocean Park, island visits (I like Lamma), Disney Land and hiking in the New Territories.

mmgirish Thu 02-Aug-18 04:26:30

I loved Burma. My favourite holiday ever. I also lived in the Philippines for years which is great for kids. Thailand is very easy with children too.

agapanthus1979 Thu 02-Aug-18 17:20:45

Aaarrrrrgggghhhhh Lamma Island spiders aaaarrrrrggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

NotUmbongoUnchained Thu 02-Aug-18 17:21:55

We’re off to Tokyo Disneyland next week 🙌🏻🙌🏻

Nigglenaggle Sat 11-Aug-18 09:29:28

South Korea would be great. Very safe but still has that off the beaten track feeling. Unless they are fussy eaters in which case they might starve smile

DameSquashalot Sat 11-Aug-18 09:30:51

Sri Lanka.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: