Talk

Advanced search

NY & Hawaii 2 centre

(4 Posts)
birkenstocks4ever Mon 25-Jun-18 17:40:16

Am considering this for next April - 3 nights New York and 7 Hawaii. Will be me DH and 2 kids 11 & 9. Can it be done for £10k? All the travel operators websites I've looked at say you have to call for prices and I can't do that from work. Any ideas? And if I'm way off the mark, any long haul suggestions for that budget?

OP’s posts: |
AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 25-Jun-18 19:26:48

I would do a two centre with a city which is a lot nearer than Honolulu to be honest with you. That is a long way to go onto for a week. Have a look at going north to Boston and the Cape Cod area or south to somewhere like Fort Lauderdale or Orlando (April is very nice weather wise in Orlando).

The flight duration between the Islands and the West Coast is around 6 - 6.5 hours. From NYC you can easily add another 3-4 hours to that (and there will be a 6 hour time difference between NYC and the Islands).

The only airline that flies non stop between New York City and Honolulu on Oahu IIRC is Hawaiian. You cannot book directly with their website as their site does not accept UK based credit cards.

TroubledLichen Mon 25-Jun-18 19:43:31

As others have said, the flight from NY to Honolulu is very long, about 11 hours so it won’t be my first choice for a two centre holiday. But if you’re set on it, contrary to what a PP has said, United also fly the route non-stop from Newark so you will be able to get a price for that online. You’re likely looking at $1500ish per adult for that though so likely not do-able if your total vacation budget is £10,000. No idea if the direct Hawaiian flight will be cheaper, I don’t think you can price that online. But there are tons of connecting flight options, you can price these using sky scanner.

birkenstocks4ever Mon 25-Jun-18 20:51:03

Thanks for your help. Maybe I'll have to have a rethink!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in