Talk

Advanced search

Disney Orlando - Need a guru who knows about car hire!!

(5 Posts)
tickingthebox Sat 02-Jun-18 12:48:13

We have 10 night booked at Animal Kingdom Lodge

We need a hire car for 1 day (day 5) only - Where the heck do you hire from?

As far as I can see there is one place at Epcot and another nearby (but would need an uber to get there; and a few recommendations for the "car hire centre" but no real idea of how it works ("call for a shuttle bus")

Anyone point us in the direction of what to do... We are going to need the car from about 7am to 5pm ish

OP’s posts: |
Caroian Sat 02-Jun-18 20:40:31

You'll find plenty of gurus over here: www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226

Disney Car Centre is basically an Alamo outlet. You get bell services at AKL to call the shuttle bus and they'll come over and collect you. We waited about 15 mins for them to turn up to us on our last trip. They don't have a vast number of cars (compared to the airports, for example) but usually allocate a specific one to you. Shuttle bus will also drop you back to AKL (or to a park) after you drop the car off.

Hiring for one day might work out expensive though. What specifically do you need it for? Using Uber or organised transport excursions (to places like KSC) through an attractions website may work out easier and cheaper.

tickingthebox Sun 03-Jun-18 10:34:10

Thanks - I'll try the dibb!

It's more that DH intensely dislikes organised tours and far prefers to drive - I would probably book a hire car for longer if disney didn't charge for parking.

OP’s posts: |
Caroian Sun 03-Jun-18 12:09:58

Disney won't charge you for parking if you're staying onsite. They have introduced resort parking fees but these won't apply to UK bookings until the end of next year. Parking at the parks will remain free for onsite guests also.

kingseat2016 Sun 03-Jun-18 15:31:35

Pick up a cheap one at Walmart?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in