Talk

Advanced search

New York, New York!

(10 Posts)
eagleflies Tue 22-May-18 12:00:32

I am going to the big Apple this weekend for 4 nights! DH and I have planned an itinerary so we feel pretty well organised but I just wanted to call upon the mn wisdom to answer a couple of questions:

What are your must-buy items when you travel to the US? Things you can't get here or that are much cheaper over there?

Any cool/quirky things that we can do that we might have forgotten about or not considered?

crochetmonkey74 Tue 22-May-18 12:12:14

I always bring back cherry flavour Twizzlers, good headache tablets, loads of American coconut based candy and chocolate. Also I'm a sucker for stationery so anything like that i can find and loads of American magazines too!

RusholmeRuffian Tue 22-May-18 17:32:02

I usually buy Melatonin and Lemonheads sweets in CVS and some bargain clothes in Century 21.

eagleflies Tue 22-May-18 17:35:13

Thanks! I'm not really a sweets kind of girl but DC will appreciate me bringing back some American candy I'm sure.

Melatonin? A quick google tells me it's to aid sleeping, does it work?

RusholmeRuffian Wed 23-May-18 07:37:03

Yep. It works and is very useful in dealing with jet lag

lookingforbutterflies Wed 23-May-18 07:38:54

Prepare to remortgage in Sephora! They're everywhere 😍

MadisonAvenue Wed 23-May-18 09:42:10

Sephora is wonderful for make up and perfumes. It's always my first stop when I arrive in the city!

I always have to bring back a tonne of various flavoured M&Ms for our (adult) children.

The exchange rate isn't really doing us any favours when it comes to bargains though. Gone are the days when I'd go with a virtually empty suitcase and return with it full.

eagleflies Wed 23-May-18 09:55:46

Oooh Sephora! 😍😍

And I have been slightly concerned about jet lag so that's a brilliant tip thank you so much!

Very excited 😁😁😁

JonSnowsCloak Tue 29-May-18 20:53:49

I've been told that it's massively cheaper to buy tickets for shows at the actual box office does anyone know if it's true? I'd love to see the lion king

eagleflies Thu 31-May-18 22:57:08

Jonsnow a waitress there told us about an app called todaytix to get tickets. We didn't have time but might be worth checking out.

I had a wonderful time by the way! Went to sephora and spent $$$$ 😬

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: