Talk

Advanced search

Virgin economy classic

(9 Posts)
Funnyface1 Fri 11-May-18 13:31:29

Hi, I'm just looking for a bit more advice, planning our trip to Florida next year.

I've been looking at virgin holidays but so far can't find any information on when/how I can select seats.

Does anyone know if I can do this at the time of booking or after I book? Ideally I'd like to know what seats are available before I commit myself. It's a long flight with an 8 year old and toddler.

I assume there's a charge to select our seats together, I don't mind that, I just can't find the option!

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Mailfuckoff Fri 11-May-18 13:37:29

We bought our tickets and then booked as soon as it came open, about a year before we took travelled. I think I paid 30 per ticket per flight to prebook the top of the plane but it was worth it for the space and the relative quiet.

Funnyface1 Fri 11-May-18 14:51:32

Thank you, I've just tried looking it up again and found out we can select our seats for free as soon as we've booked. So my problem now is not being able to see what's available until after I've booked. Looking at going roughly this time next year.

TroubledLichen Fri 11-May-18 15:30:15

I’m 99% sure that you can cancel/ammend for no charge within 24 hours. So should you not see suitable seats, which is so unlikely considering you’re booking so far in advance, you can cancel or swap to another flight. It’s a US regulation so should apply as you’re flying to Florida. If they don’t offer the 24 hour cancellation then they have offer you the option to ‘hold’ the flights, unsure if this would open up the seat map though. You could call them to ask. But honestly, booking your flight a year out, you’ll be fine grin

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 11-May-18 15:33:22

This may be of assistance as well:-

www.virginatlantic.com/gb/en/virgin-experience/cabins/economy/seating.html

Funnyface1 Sat 12-May-18 13:08:59

Thanks for the replies. I am also thinking I should be ok as I'm going to be booking about 11 months in advance. I'm such a stress head though!

NeverTalksToStrangers Sat 12-May-18 13:11:57

We didn't pay to select seats as so many were available any time I checked so I thought we might get away with not having to pay for them. Went on the day before holiday (last July) to discover that virgin had allocated all seats themselves and we were sat together for both journeys.

somewhereovertherain Fri 18-May-18 07:30:07

Most airlines normally allocate seats sensibly. In all the flights I’ve had over I never yet not been sat with our family regardless of carrier even in the free seating days and have never yet paid for seats and never will. But do always check in at the first day allowed depending on carrier

And 11 months ahead you’ll have pretty much the choice of the plane.

VodkaKnockers Mon 21-May-18 00:20:04

Virgin seat booking is released 335 day prior to departure.

Depending on where your flying from, there may be more than one flight a day. From memory, Gatwick have 2 flights during peak periods.

We booked our holiday in January and are waiting for seat booking to be released.

Also remember the Virgin planes are pretty big, around 400 seat per flight so chances are you should be ok getting the seats you want

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in