Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions for Tropical holiday September/October

(8 Posts)
Stopyourhavering64 Sun 06-May-18 10:50:47

Dh and I love travel and looking for somewhere tropical to go this September/October ....I'm unable to walk very far due to an autoimmune disease but desperately need a holiday
We've been to Several Caribbean islands in the past-St Kitts, Antigua, Cuba (but know this is wrong time to head in this direction)
Loved Koh Samui and considering returning, but not sure if it would be too wet? (went June / July before and weather was great- humid with occasional downpour)....where in Thailand would be good at that time of year
Went to Seychelles last September/October and loved it there
Where can you suggest we try...we'll be flying business class and have budget of £8k
Would prefer a beach destination with chance of snorkelling, and great food

OP’s posts: |
mummymeister Sun 06-May-18 11:49:14

The west indies and florida would be in hurricane season at this time of year so you really do need to avoid them. pick somewhere that you like the look of and then go onto the accuweather site and you can see what they would be like and whether or not they would suit you. also use the forums in tripadvisor for help.

FanSpamTastic Sun 06-May-18 11:51:38

Mauritius! We have stayed at this resort here. Flew Emirates via Dubai but if you can do business then you might prefer to fly direct.

BubblesBuddy Mon 07-May-18 09:49:18

Nowhere in Thailand really at that time of year. We have been to the Caribbean in late Oct. Often the worst weather has passed and massive hurricanes don’t happen every year. I would go to islands that are a bit more off the beaten track. Better snorkelling opportunities! Virgin Gorda is great for example. St John in the USVI has great snorkelling too.

Mindgone Tue 08-May-18 09:32:52

Langkawi in Malaysia

Hmmisthatit Wed 09-May-18 18:09:29

What about Tanzania or similar?

Stopyourhavering64 Thu 10-May-18 18:05:02

I'll have a look at Mauritius....really had wanted Thailand as we love the food and culture but maybe have to rethink for this year

OP’s posts: |
fuzzyduck1 Sun 20-May-18 11:52:05

Benidorm your £8k will go a long way there.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in