Talk

Advanced search

Kuala Lumpur stopover

(8 Posts)
Oldowl Wed 25-Apr-18 18:32:37

Solo traveller to KL for 2.5 days on a stopover on the way back from OZ (doing Singapore on the way out). What is there to do?

Any recommendations?

OP’s posts: |
yorkshireyummymummy Wed 25-Apr-18 18:45:20

Oh KL is FAB. it’s full of very friendly and polite people and there is superb shopping - better and cheaper than Singapore IMO and worth keeping some space aside in your suitcase if you can!
The food is great - you will be able to get some good reccomendations from your hotel or taxi driver. We ate at some great outdoor places which were very cheap and cheerful. As ever, look for well lit busy places where locals are eating. I didn’t feel scared ever while i was there but the last time I went i was with husband, father and brother!
The botanical gardens are BEAUTIFUL. even if you are not a gardener it’s an amazing place to wander round.
I liked the shopping center in the Petronus towers, and you can’t miss having a walk over the walkway between the towers to see the the amazing views over the city.
It’s a wonderful place and I love it. In fact, I want to go back again now!! Hope you have a wonderful time .

randomthoughts Wed 25-Apr-18 22:50:11

We had 2 night in KL. Stayed in a suite at the Traders hotel, which was amazing (and loads of room with kids). We hired a driver for the day, who was brilliant and took us around the sights. I think it was only about £130 for airport transfers and the tour - I still have his number if you’d like me to PM.

Troubleandstrifebagforlife Sat 28-Apr-18 08:35:25

I agree was there in January a really fun and safe feeling city
We stayed at the majestic which was lovely but maybe a little out of the main action.
Taxis were easy to get
We ate twice at a restaurant called bijan it was fabulous I’d go back just for the rendang to be honest
Have fun xx

BettyPitts Wed 02-May-18 22:18:43

Sorry to jump in but has anyone done a twin centre with a beach in Malaysia too? If so can you recommend one?

yorkshireyummymummy Thu 03-May-18 01:09:26

@BettyPitts
Yes, I have done that. We went to Penang, island off th3 west coast of Malaysia. It’s gorgeous......beautiful beaches, lovely hotels, plenty of bars/ restaurants/eating places. Penangs main town is GeorgeTown and that’s a delight too- very colonial. I met an English family there who used to holiday there every year as it was so beautiful, they had two kids and they said they felt very safe there.
Langakwai is also a beautiful island. Loved it there too.

Just remembered, in KUALA LUMPUR if you are booking hotels yourself make sure you book rooms that are ‘ club executive’ or similar name. These rooms give you extras , eg better rooms, better views, access to the club lounge which ( for example) serve breakfast items, tea/coffee/soft drinks all day, often snacks at lunch time, cake in the afternoon, cocktails and alcoholic drinks with hors d’ouves /snacks for a two/three hour ‘ cocktail hour’. Everything served 8n the club lounge is included in your room rate. Always try to book rooms with this when you go to the Far East esp. if you like a drink as alcoholic drinks can often be expensive .
Just give me a shout if you have any more questions

Troubleandstrifebagforlife Thu 03-May-18 08:06:49

We did this earlier this year kuala lumpa then langkawi stayed at the Danna resort amazing really lovely
Then Penang then Singapore
All internal lights were with air Asia really easy and cheap
Again if you more detail please message me

fuzzyduck1 Sun 20-May-18 11:58:30

China town, central market, the batonical gardens, the towers and even a bit of rain forest in the city. are all worth visiting. They have a hop on hop off tour bus so easy to move around loved it when we went this year.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in