Talk

Advanced search

Any tips for New Orleans?

(6 Posts)
ToesInWater Sat 21-Apr-18 12:59:21

I am going to New Orleans in May for ten days with DH who is attending a conference. We have the first day we arrive and the last three together but other than that I have a lot of time by myself. I'm totally happy with my own company. I was thinking of a couple of guided tours as I have no sense of direction just to orient myself. We are staying in an apartment near the French Quarter. Anyone been who can recommend things for me to do by myself?

OP’s posts: |
RusholmeRuffian Sat 21-Apr-18 15:24:18

Take a Mississippi River cruise on the Natchez steam boat, do a cemetery tour, visit the World War II Museum, drink lots of Daiquiris in a million flavours!

Be careful where you wander alone. It's not the safest city. Guided tours are a great idea.

SenecaFalls Sat 21-Apr-18 15:31:04

Be sure to have a Pimm's Cup at the Napoleon House. And chicory coffee and beignets at Cafe du Monde. And Bananas Foster at Brennan's.

ToesInWater Mon 23-Apr-18 12:08:47

Thank you 😊

OP’s posts: |
feelslikethewaltonshere Tue 24-Apr-18 21:17:23

@ToesInWater....I have a city guide I am trying to send you but it won't let me for some reason. If you message me an e-mail address I will send it to you
. There's loads of information about where to visit, eat, drink, do, shop, party etc...there are so many trips I could recommend....horror tour, bike tour, audio tour, music tour, brewery tour...there's loads of walking tour but I would definitely pick up a sightseeing pass giving you access to 3 or 5 attractions at your own pace...it's good value.

Let me know if I can book anything for you. www.facebook.com/bestfamilyholidays/

feelslikethewaltonshere Tue 24-Apr-18 21:19:06

travefy.com/trip/gafb6jtxhark7nexjjfb2mkx7dre2

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in