Talk

Advanced search

Flights to Australia Qantas or Singapore airline

(9 Posts)
Surfingwhippet Thu 19-Apr-18 09:51:10

Who would you choose to fly with and why?
Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Nakedavenger74 Thu 19-Apr-18 10:01:52

Both are very good.

Sorry that's not much help but there is literally nothing between them. Both will fly an A380. Probably same stopover in Singapore too.

Singapore service is very good but very deferential and traditional. Food is mainly noodles (after 5 meals of noodles LHR to AKL once i couldn't look a noodle in the eye for a while) but tasty. Qantas more chicken or beef and service Aussie friendly mateyness. IFE very similar

If you are going to Perth then Qantas as it's nonstop. Also Qantas likely to have more connections if you somehow miss one

I'd choose based on the layover time and whether you prefer to hop off and on the next flight or want time to sleep or shop. Oh and price.

CartoonsAndVodka Thu 19-Apr-18 10:05:06

Depends where you are landing in Australia. If Sydney, then QF 1 and 2 are awesome. A380, 1hr stopover in Dubai is just long enough to stretch your legs. All done in 24hrs and the early morning landing works well for jet lag - I stay awake for the first leg and time sleeping to wake up for breakfast.

Surfingwhippet Thu 19-Apr-18 10:11:40

We're going to Sydney and coming back from Perth. We've flown with qantas before but they're £300 more expensive this time, not sure whether i can justify the extra.
If there's not much to choose between the two it maybe worth trying Singapore airline

Nakedavenger74 Thu 19-Apr-18 10:37:20

Is the 300 extra as the Perth return is nonstop? That is worth it!

RedDwarves Thu 19-Apr-18 10:39:01

I prefer Qantas purely for the friendliness of the staff and the food. Singapore is, as a PP said, noodles for every meal.

But I’ve flown with both and have no complaints about either.

Surfingwhippet Thu 19-Apr-18 11:20:07

That's a very good point avenger. It probably is and yes is definitely worth it

Nakedavenger74 Thu 19-Apr-18 11:32:08

Sounds about right. Our 1 stop London to NZ flights with Emirates are usually a few hundred more than a 2 stop. More popular too which bumps up the price.

A direct flight Perth to Uk is worth its weight in everyone of those extra pounds!

funmummy48 Thu 19-Apr-18 20:53:15

No experience of other airlines for this journey other than Singapore but we flew with them last year and were very impressed. I found the seats in Economy much comfier than expected and the food was really good. There was always 1 non-noodle option and a good range of snacks which could be requested at any time. The staff were lovely....very friendly and helpful.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in