Talk

Advanced search

Cathay Pacific

(5 Posts)
WS12 Thu 05-Apr-18 13:54:51

Ha she anyone flown long haul with Cathay Pacific? We are looking at Melbourne to Manchester return in July/August.

How was the airline and staff? Food? Entertainment? Over all experience?

They seem to be be cheapest of all the airlines though they are running a deal ATM. We have always gone with one of the "big airlines" if you know what I mean - we have gone emirates, Qatar, etihad and Singapore airlines in the past. We will be flying with two children aged 5 and 3 so really unsure whether to try Cathay or fork out for an airone we know...

OP’s posts: |
ShanghaiDiva Thu 05-Apr-18 15:02:19

I live in China so fly a lot with Cathay through Hong Kong. Entertainment system is decent, staff are good and food is better than a lot of airlines. Have never had a bad experience with Cathay and fly at least 6 times a year with them.
HK is also a decent airport for transit - free wifi, lots of eating options and have also seen a small play area which might be useful for your dcs to run about before the next leg.

IAmALionTamer Thu 05-Apr-18 15:09:42

I flew to Brisbane with Cathay about 5 years ago. I was really impressed, comparable service to other airlines. My DH who travels a lot more than me also felt the same. We also got our tickets on a deal, so I felt they offered great value for money.
Have never taken DC on Cathay though so can’t comment in that respect.
Have a lovely time!

IAmALionTamer Thu 05-Apr-18 15:12:23

Oh I forgot to mention that the food was excellent (as far as economy class airline food goes!)

WS12 Thu 05-Apr-18 22:40:33

Yesterday our fights were coming up at $5,100. Now the special event has finished (nooooo!) they're $8,100!

So can't fly with them any more 😱 Back to the drawing board !

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in