Talk

Advanced search

Hard Rock Hotel Orlando

(7 Posts)
PoptartPoptart Fri 30-Mar-18 18:47:41

Thinking about booking a night in The Hard Rock Hotel Orlando to take advantage of the theme park early entry and queue jumping passes (Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure).
Does anyone know if you get these benefits if you only book a one night stay? The website is saying there is a minimum of a 2 night stay but lots of people I know have got these benefits from just the one night last year.
Have they changed the rules?

OP’s posts: |
Unihorn Fri 30-Mar-18 22:13:09

I stayed one night at Royal Pacific to take advantage of Express passes and early entry, although that was three years ago. We booked one night and got benefits both days; we checked in at 8am on the day of our stay. It was definitely worth it! As far as I'm aware there is no minimum stay. Did you have to stay at HRH specifically? Royal Pacific is a cheaper option.

PoptartPoptart Fri 30-Mar-18 23:14:15

No it doesn’t have to be hard rock - I’ll check out Royal Pacific

ihearttc Sat 31-Mar-18 12:49:00

We are off to Royal Pacific on Monday for 10 nights...Im rather excited!

PoptartPoptart Sat 31-Mar-18 21:01:41

@ihearttc - I’m very jealous! Have a fabulous time!

HopeNotFear Sat 07-Apr-18 14:23:29

We had 1 night at Hard Rock in 2015 and 2 nights at Royal Pacific last year, I think Royal Pacific is nicer and would definitely ok there again. Having the fast passes is such a bonus, enjoy your holiday.

BeyondThePage Sat 07-Apr-18 14:38:42

We are regulars there - we have stayed at both HRH and RPR - they both have plus and minus points.

HRH is livelier - more families with kids - great theming, lots of memorabilia. But - the car park is tiny, you need to valet park if you get there early in busy season. The pool is a playing pool rather than a swimming pool - it is too shallow for a proper swim, it has sand in the bottom and is busy. You can walk to the park in 10 min or get the free water taxi.

RPR is quieter, more of a peaceful tropical theme going on, families with young kids, and the pool is bigger and deeper, the car park has plenty of space - but it is also used out of season as a conference centre. It takes longer to walk to the parks - 20min+ but there is still the free water taxi.

You can check in any time from 6.30am - and can use the express queue access on both check in and check out days if staying one night. Parking costs about $25 a night including tax - one night covering both days. You can leave luggage with bell services on both days too. When you check in - if early the room may not be available - they will text or email you when the room is ready.

Both hotels are fab, really comfy beds, nice power showers. You can find either of them is cheaper depending where and when you book. When you do book, if you book direct then tax is not included in the headline price, some websites (BA.com etc) DO include tax, some do not. Some sites also allow free cancellation or changes, others do not. So make sure you compare like with like.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in