Talk

Advanced search

Do I go on holiday????

(8 Posts)
kentgirl1 Tue 27-Mar-18 19:21:40

DP and I are close friends with a couple who are getting married in Vegas in September. They really want us to go but understand if we don't as our DS will be 11 months old then. My mum has said she will look after him, which I know she will as she dotes on him. DP really wants to go, but I'm so torn. Has anyone else been away when Baby was around that age, and how did it go?

OP’s posts: |
kentgirl1 Tue 27-Mar-18 19:51:55

It would be fly out Monday come back Friday (lands Saturday morning).

Curlybrunette Tue 27-Mar-18 19:54:02

If you can afford it and have childcare sorted then I probably would, I did leave my ds for a night when he was really young, but I understand Vegas is going to be quite a few days.

But, if you think you might go and be miserable the whole time missing your ds then no it wouldn't be worth it.

kentgirl1 Tue 27-Mar-18 19:58:38

It's so hard to know what to do. I'll miss him dearly, but I know my mum will take him for days out every day and he'll have a great time. I just worry he'll miss us, and wonder where his Mum and Dad is. And if he's upset or unwell, we won't be there for him.

kentgirl1 Wed 28-Mar-18 18:35:02

Bump

BubblesBuddy Mon 02-Apr-18 11:42:55

He will be fine! He knows his grandma! Shame it’s Las Vegas. It’s horrible in my view!

NerrSnerr Mon 02-Apr-18 11:49:12

If you’re happy with your mum having him then I’d go. We couldn’t have done this due to breastfeeding and no willing grandparents but if circumstances were right I would have.

Bubbles luckily it’s the OP going and not you!

kentgirl1 Tue 03-Apr-18 21:10:46

Partner has put a deposit down without telling me!! I wish men had the same doubts about leaving the Baby that women do!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in