Talk

Advanced search

Orlando and clear water

(8 Posts)
littlebillie Sun 04-Mar-18 00:31:38

My dh has heard a few stories about safety and doesn't want to go to Florida now as he thinks it is unsafe. Any thoughts on safety please

OP’s posts: |
Catsandkids78 Sun 04-Mar-18 00:35:20

Safety - from what?

littlebillie Sun 04-Mar-18 00:37:23

Robbery

MarthasGinYard Sun 04-Mar-18 00:41:47

confused

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 04-Mar-18 07:26:27

Robbery however, can occur anywhere. I think your DH has been influenced by unreliable sources. FL is safe particularly if you use common sense and are also aware of your surroundings (same as in your own hometown or elsewhere).

littlebillie Sun 04-Mar-18 08:53:32

We are both well travelled and had a few scrapes along the way. I am really surprised at his worries and I can't find anything to substantiate

TroubledLitchen Sun 04-Mar-18 09:04:38

If it helps my DH also worries about violent crime abroad and consequently vetoes most of my holiday suggestions (I don’t want to go anywhere extreme- recent no’s have included Mexico & South Africa). However, Florida would be on his approved list as it’s really very safe. Their gun laws have been in the news a lot recently following the tragic high school shooting. Is that contributing to his anxiety perhaps?

Pinkpeanut27 Sun 04-Mar-18 12:06:45

We did Orlando and clearwater last year and I’m pretty much a wuss when it comes to travel . Both places we felt super safe more so than at home .

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in