Talk

Advanced search

Maldives in June - Reccomendations please

(10 Posts)
Marmitepeanutbutterandhoney Sat 03-Feb-18 08:28:50

We are planning a 7 day trip to the Maldives in June with my DP

I am overwhelmed with the amount of options and am not sure where would suit us best so hopeful that someone could give us some recommendations!

Ideally we would like;
All inclusive
Over water accommodation
Private pool
Spa
A good selection of restaurants (I’m fussy!)

Budget around £5-6k

Would be grateful for your suggestions!

Mirrorxx Sat 03-Feb-18 08:32:09

We loved six senses Laamu but I don’t think they do all inclusive

swimster01 Sat 03-Feb-18 09:10:47

I would just check the weather reports and make sure you are comfortable with that. We were considering Maldives for early July but it is in the rainy season.

Marmitepeanutbutterandhoney Sat 03-Feb-18 09:20:03

Thanks Mirror I will certainly look into it!!

Hmm Swim I had that worry too - I was hoping June wouldn’t be as bad. Will re look...

RandomUsernameHere Sat 03-Feb-18 09:50:58

I went during the rainy season and it was fine as the showers didn't last long (although they were torrential). Most of the time it was lovely and sunny. We may have been lucky though as I know someone else who had bad weather their whole holiday. Stayed at Meedhuparu (sp?)

theaveragewife Sat 03-Feb-18 09:53:52

We went a few years ago in mid June and 50% of the holiday it was raining, the crossing by boat to get to the island was one of the scariest experiences of my life - there were huge whirlpools in the sea.

user1488286290 Sat 03-Feb-18 10:21:51

We went to Kuramathi in September 2016 and I wouldn't hesitate to go back. There were two all inclusive options - one that includes your meals at a designated restaurant, and one that includes more or less anything at any of their 9 restaurants. Grills, seafood, Indian, Thai, Italian - so much choice. Alcohol included too. I was pregnant at the time so couldn't take advantage of the alcohol but even so, it was totally worth going fully all inclusive.

They have overwater villas with pools (we didn't stay in one but they looked amazing), a lovely spa, snorkelling and water sports centre, beautiful gardens, wonderful staff, gorgeous beaches and it's only a 20 minute seaplane from the main island with their international airport. Pay the extra to take the plane, not the boat. We went on a boat trip round the island and that was bad enough.

The Maldives is beautiful though so I'm sure wherever you stay will be wonderful!

Rosielily Sat 03-Feb-18 10:36:52

We went to Kandolhu - ultra all year inclusive - in January 2016. Rain was forecast everyday but didn't materialise until the last 24 hours when it was torrential and we had to go on a motor launch to a pontoon in the middle of the Indian Ocean!! You will have an amazing time wherever you go smile

Fintress Fri 09-Feb-18 08:53:07

We went to Lily Beach which is ultra all inclusive, it was fantastic. We've also done other island B&B but that can prove expensive as you are a captive audience.

Fintress Fri 09-Feb-18 08:54:20

The Maldives is beautiful though so I'm sure wherever you stay will be wonderful!

This, definitely. Our favourite holiday destination.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: