Talk

Advanced search

Cheap (but safe) car hire in Orlando

(5 Posts)
Retreatbynameretreatbynature Mon 29-Jan-18 12:49:51

We are looking to hire a 7 seater for a family holiday to Orlando. But the prices seem so high, or maybe it’s just wishful thinking that they were cheaper! Does anyone have any ideas of where i could look for a good deal?

OP’s posts: |
RusholmeRuffian Mon 29-Jan-18 13:34:07

Use comparison sites. Also see if there is somewhere other than the airport that you can pick up from. Airport car rental is often more expensive.

LoniceraJaponica Mon 29-Jan-18 21:25:59

I don't know how they compare to other car hire companies, but we have always used Alamo whenever we have been to the US, and Orlando was no exception. I suspect it is because you want a 7 seater that it is so expensive.

mummymeister Tue 30-Jan-18 09:57:56

first work out if you really need a 7 seater - are there 7 in your party or are you allowing luggage space. if less than 7 then hire a smaller car and if necessary taxi the luggage that you cant squeeze in to and from your accommodation as it will work out cheaper in the long run.

its a bit of monopoly in the USA with car hire and prices are broadly the same unfortunately. not sure when you were last in florida but you will notice that prices are up. agree with others look to see if you can rent somewhere other than the airport but take into account the practicalities of this.

janizary Tue 30-Jan-18 10:23:59

We used alamo brits which is just alamo but gives 10% off to customers who have the orlando brit guide book. We have used it twice and although we had the book with us both times we didn't need to show it. Handy also to know that you can log in and if the price has gone down since you booked you can request a refund of the difference.

The best part for us is that you can do 'skip the counter' so when you land you just walk to the rows marked as the class that you have paid for and choose your own vehicle. You then drive to the exit where they scan the car and your paperwork and you just drive away. Then on return you just drive in, jump out and they again scan the car and you walk away, don't even need to park, it's amazing. They also have the barcode where you can use the faster toll roads without going in the cash lane, you just drive through and get billed at the end which we also loved. It was actually the cheapest option for us when I shipped around the first time but the second time I went straight to them as these little things were great for us and I didn't even care about the cost!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in